Gender Identity in Children and Young People
12/02/2018 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Merseyside Youth Association Ltd
65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool
Leigh Horner (MYA) & Chris Porter (YPAS)
This training covers:
- Gender stereotypes and how these can affect children and young people.
- Familiarise participants with key gender, trans* and sexuality language and help.
- Explore key legislation regarding gender identity.
- Gender Dysphoria
- To identify the challenges faced by young people struggling with gender identity and to look at ways to support them.
- Referral pathways and local support
Level of need: This training is aimed at those working at Levels 1 & 2, with aspects being suitable for those working at level 3.
Level 1. Universal Services
Level 2. Additional Need – Multi-Agency Early Help
Level 3. Complex Needs – Multi-Agency Early Help
Level 4. Acute Specialist, Including Safeguarding
Who is it aimed at?
Teachers, Learning mentors, Pastoral heads, Parents & carers, youth workers, school nurses
What will attendees learn from this event?
Attendees will gain a foundation level of knowledge regarding gender identity. They will learn key language relating to gender identity and how to support transgender young people and signpost on to specialist services.
Merseyside Youth Association, 65-67 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 3DY
There are no onsite parking facilities available. Please click here for the nearest parking and prices
Any further info/preparation required? (i.e. is lunch or drinks provided, bring a case study etc.)
Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course.
This event is fully booked. You can register your interest for future events.