Mental Health First Aid Training
04/12/2017 - 05/12/2017 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Merseyside Youth Association Ltd
65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool
Kath Thompson & Tony Niemen (MYA)
Our Youth MHFA course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years.
You will learn how to:
- Provide information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing
- Support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Level of need: This training is aimed at those working at Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Level 1. Universal Services
Level 2. Additional Need – Multi-Agency Early Help
Level 3. Complex Needs – Multi-Agency Early Help
Level 4. Acute Specialist, Including Safeguarding
Who is it aimed at?
Teachers, Learning mentors, Pastoral heads, Parents & carers, youth workers, school nurses.
What will attendees learn from this event?
Our Youth MHFA course is split into four manageable chunks. These are:
- What is mental health?
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and psychosis
- Self-harm and eating disorders.
Within each section there is clear focus on the issues faced by young people, including bullying/cyber bullying and substance misuse. The course also teaches the importance of promoting wellbeing and protective factors.
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
Merseyside Youth Association, 65-67 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 3DY
There are no onsite parking facilities available. Please click here for the nearest parking and prices
Any further info/preparation required? (i.e. is lunch or drinks provided, bring a case study etc.)
Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course.
NB: Please note, this a two-day course, and there is a cost of £100 per person.
This event is fully booked. You can register your interest for future events.