Mental Health First Aid Training
18/07/2017 - 19/07/2017 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Merseyside Youth Association Ltd
65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool
Our Youth MHFA course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years.
You will learn how to: Provide information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing and support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn?
Our Youth MHFA course is split into four manageable chunks. These are:
· What is mental health?
· Depression and anxiety
· Suicide and psychosis
· Self-harm and eating disorders. Within each section, there is a clear focus on the issues faced by young people, including bullying/cyberbullying and substance misuse.
The course also teaches the importance of promoting wellbeing and protective factors. In each section you’ll learn how to:
· Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
· Feel confident in helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
· Provide help on a first aid basis
· Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
· Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
· Help a young person recover faster
· Guide a young person towards the right support
· Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
NB: Please not there is a cost of £100 per person for this course.
Bookings are closed for this event.