Neurodevelopmental Conditions Professionals Awareness Raising Training
05/10/2018 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Granby Children’s Centre
Eversley St Liverpool
Full day’s training for professionals who work with families living with a Neurodevelopmental condition including Autism Spectrum Condition, ADHD and sensory processing difficulties (SPD) living in Liverpool.
The course has been developed to provide an awareness and understanding of the day to day challenges of living with neurodevelopmental conditions (NDC) and surrounding issues for staff working to support children, young people and families.
Rita Jones and Babs Bluett-Duncan
Who is it aimed at?
It has been aimed at a target audience of specialist and non-specialist staff whose day-to-day roles may bring them into contact with families who live with neurodevelopmental conditions. This is for all educators, social care and health services workers and could include non-care and non-clinical workers such as administrators and receptionists, drivers, catering staff, sport or leisure industry staff working with or supporting children and families living with NDCs.
Level of Need
(Level 1. Universal Services, Level 2. Additional Need – Multi-Agency Early Help, Level 3. Complex Needs – Multi-Agency Early Help, Level 4. Acute Specialist, Including Safeguarding)
This training is aimed at those working across the levels 1
What will attendees learn from this event?
- To understand the difference and similarities between ADHD, ASC/D, HFA and other neurodevelopmental conditions.
- To recognise typical behaviours of ADHD, Autism and other neurodevelopmental conditions.
- To recognise the impact that unsupported and unmanaged characteristics of neurodevelopmental conditions can have on an individual and their family.
- To understand the impact that sensory processing difficulties have on children and young people with neurodevelopmental conditions.
- To recognise local support available for professionals, young people and families who have children with neurodevelopmental conditions.
Any further information
Delegates should arrive at 9.15am for registration in readiness for 9.30am start.
Lunch will not be provided. Learners are advised to bring their own lunch/make their own arrangements.
Bookings are closed for this event.