Youth Mental Health First Aid Champions 1 Day – Liverpool School Health and Liverpool Secondary school staff only
17/01/2020 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
YewTree Medical Centre
Berryford Rd Liverpool
*Please note – this event is only available to Liverpool-based school nurses and staff working in Liverpool secondary schools*
Youth MHFA Champions
Based on our Youth MHFA two-day course, this training has been designed for those who specifically with schools and colleges. As a one-day course, it fits perfectly into school inset training days and busy school timetables, making it accessible for state education settings. At least one member of staff in every secondary school has access to a free place on a one day course.
It is for those who work in schools and colleges and parents.
Capacity: We limit numbers to 16 people per course so the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Everyone who completes the course gets:
- – A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- – A certificate to say they are a Youth MHFA Champion
What you will learn
- – An understanding of common mental health issues and how they can affect young people
- – Ability to spot signs of mental ill-health in young people and guide them to a place of support
- – Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- – Skills to support positive wellbeing
Session 1 – Why Youth MHFA One Day? – What is mental health and mental ill health? – Stigma and discrimination – The Mental Health First Aid action plan – Depression – Suicide
Session 2 – Anxiety – Self-harm – Eating disorders – Psychosis – Recovery – Resilience
For enquiries please contact Tony Niemen at TonyN@mya.org.uk or Damian Hart at DamianH@mya.org.uk
This event is fully booked. You can register your interest for future events.