The CAMHS Crisis Care Team provides support, advice and guidance to children, families and professionals in crisis
What is the service?
CAMHS Crisis Care team is a multi-disciplinary team that offers 24-hour support to children and young people under 18 who are in a mental health crisis in Liverpool or Sefton. The Crisis Care Team also provide urgent and emergency assessments for children and young people both in Alder Hey Children’s Hospital and Ormskirk General Hospital and the community.
What does the Liverpool CAMHS Crisis Care Team offer?
- CAMHS Crisis Care team support children and young people from 0-18 years of age.
- Ward assessments are completed and followed up in the community when young people are admitted with concerns regarding self-harm and suicidal ideation.
- Same-day and next-day appointments are arranged with families when a risk management plan can be established and no need for medical intervention has been identified.
- The CAMHS Crisis Team reviews all referrals for the Liverpool and Sefton boroughs made to Liverpool and Sefton CAMHS.
- The CAMHS Crisis Care team is primarily focused on supporting children, young people and their families.
- Professionals who are concerned about a young person can contact the CAMHS crisis care team for advice and guidance.
Do you have drop-in facilities?
There are currently no drop-in facilities at Alder Hey, but same-day or next-day appointments are facilitated under certain circumstances.
Do you take referrals directly from children/young people, parents/carers?
A direct referral to Liverpool CAMHS can be made using our online referral form.