CAMHS Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS)
If you are a child or young person in crisis, you can call the crisis care line 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0151 293 3577 but you should only present to Accident Emergency Department if you need medical treatment or are struggling to keep yourself safe in the immediate moment.
CAMHS Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS) provides a wide range of support and therapeutic interventions to address the mental health and emotional well-being difficulties of children, young people, parents/carers and families.
What age group does CAMHS Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS) work with?
- Children aged 5-15 years; young people aged 16-25 years and families, parents and carers.
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Interventions – Monday – Thursday- 9.30am -7pm Friday 9.30am – 4pm (11 -25 years)
- Systemic Family Practice – Monday – Thursday- 9.30am -7pm Friday 9.30am – 4pm
- Information, Advice and Guidance – Monday – Thursday 9.30am -7pm Friday 9.30am – 4pm (10 -25 years)
- General drop-in called SKY- Central office: Mon – Fri 1pm – 3pm (16 -25 years)
- GYRO (LGBTQ+ youth group): Tuesdays 4pm-6pm (12-16 years)
- GYRO (LGBTQ+ youth group): Thursdays 6pm – 8pm (16-25 years)
- THE Action Youth (Trans* drop-in): Wednesdays 4pm-6pm (12-18 years)
- Thrive drop-in group: Monday 4pm – 6pm (11-16 years)
- GP Champs at YPAS- Central- 1st Wednesday of the month 3.30pm-6pm
- Incredible Years Parenting – parents with children aged 2 – 10 years group work is delivered based on the rate of referrals (10-14) per group 1:1 parenting support also available
- Please get in touch with YPAS on 0151 707 1025 to check if a group is running and what groups run in each hub.
Are you limited to working with people from a specific geographical area?
The Liverpool boundary is quite broad – if the young person’s G.P, school or home address is in Liverpool. Please check with us if you are unsure.
Do you have drop-in facilities?
Generic drop-in which offers laundry and shower facilities, internet access and informal education and activities. Specialist drop-ins provide 1-2-1 support for young people who identify as Lesbian, Gay Bisexual or Transgender.
Where do you see young people?
The majority of young people are seen at one of our hubs. However, we also work in other areas and venues if required.
YPAS Central Hub: 36 Bolton Street, L3 5LX
YPAS Plus South Community Hub: Lyndene Road, L25 1NG
YPAS Plus North Community Hub: Croxdale Road West, L14 8YA
Do you take referrals directly from children/young people, parents/carers?
CAMHS Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS) takes self-referrals, which means making a referral direct to YPAS. Once the call is made or the referral is received, we will make sense of what service is needed at YPAS and start the referral process.
YPAS also takes referrals from friends, parents, carers and family members, we also take referrals from professionals and organisations e.g. G.Ps, teachers, social workers, support workers, youth worker – those professionals that are from Health, Education, Youth Justice and Social Care.
What kinds of things do you help with?
YPAS helps with a wide range of difficulties that children, young people and families experience, these difficulties can often impact how we feel, affecting our everyday mental health and emotional well-being.
Counselling & Psychotherapy Service provides counselling for issues that include: anxiety, depression, bullying, self-harm, bereavement, sexual abuse, family related issues, emotional abuse, neglect, bereavement, grief, loss, domestic violence and hearing voices etc.
Support Service provides Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) for issues that include: anger, isolation, confidence, self-esteem, family issues, education, housing, and benefits etc. Gyro (Gay Youth R Out) – aimed at young people who identify as Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay or questioning with sexuality.
THE Action Youth Project – aimed at young people who identify as Transgender or questioning their gender.