Youth Connect 5 Train the Trainer Opportunity
Merseyside Youth Association’s RAISE Team will be delivering a Youth Connect Five (YC5) aimed at training new trainers.
Two-day course: 14th and 15th February 2022, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Merseyside Youth Association Ltd
65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool
Parents and carers play a pivotal role in promoting the knowledge, skills and environment that can help children cope with adversity. Supporting families has a dual role in strengthening parent’s and children’s resilience.
We recognise parents as experts on their own children; this course is designed to be supportive and build on the knowledge, skills and expertise that some parents and carers already possess.
Staff receiving this training will subsequently deliver this training to parents and carers to:
- Give parents and carers the knowledge, empathy, skills and tools to promote resilience and wellbeing for children and young people.
- Strengthen parent’s and children’s resilience.
- Increase confidence and parental ability to support their child.
- Improve parent/child relationships.
During the course you will:
- Understand young people’s mental health.
- Think about what makes us thrive.
- Develop family resilience.
- Understand why we feel the way we do.
- Develop skills to support your children.
Once trained, trainees will then provide a 5-session course (Zoom or face-face) to families and carers in a variety of settings such as community, work, youth and education settings.
Places are funded for professionals working with families in Liverpool. For professionals outside Liverpool the cost is £100 per person.
The evaluation of Youth Connect 5 Programme has been carried out by Liverpool John Moores University and that can be accessed here
The summary report of the evaluation can be accessed here
There are assigned places and the decision to approved will be made by the Acting Clinical Lead MHST & YC5 team.
This training will run over 2 days and will include presentations (both days will need to be attended for completion of the training).